Sunday, December 7, 2014

Journal #7 Professional Learning Network

The affinity group I joined was Edutopia. After reading the lists, looking at many, this seemed very interesting to me, due to the fact that it covers many topics. As a physical education teacher, there aren’t too many of the affinity groups that were specific to my content area.
After reading, researching, and exploring Edutopia I found that I liked the realistic topics. There were many teachers who discussed real life lessons such as adding blogs into their weekly assignments to increase writing assignments for students. There was an article on different apps to use in for students to increase their reading skills. Some topics are focused for the teachers and others were more focused on the students and ways to improve the lessons. I found this to be useful and fun. So many people have great ideas, and it is a wonderful place for people to share their experiences and ideas.

Reading Edutopia brought back the excitement to improve my lessons. In physical education I don’t get to use technology often, for lack of a classroom. However, there are so many ideas out there such as; twitter, blogs for homework, apps, and more. There are really endless possibilities out there, and it was really interesting to read all of the ideas that real life teachers use in their classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment