Sunday, December 7, 2014

Journal #6 Self-Reflection

While signing up for this class, I found myself extremely overwhelmed with the assignments. It is challenging learning, essentially a new language using HTML and CSS. In the beginning of the quarter I felt as though creating a website would be impossible for someone like me. I understand how to use technology, but not how it works (if that makes sense.)
Throughout the course of this class I have learned to pay serious attention to detail. By forgetting a semicolon or forgetting to close a tab the entire page will look different. I am not a very patient person and this has been a true test. There are many moments of wanting to simply give up, but with further investigation and troubleshooting, most problems will be fixed. I still struggle with certain details. Oftentimes in the program the assignment will look correct, but once I open it in a browser things look differently. This is challenging because it looks correct in one viewer, and differently in another. I hope I can figure out whatever it is that I am doing wrong.

The most rewarding part about this class so far has simply been the progress I have made. Although I still find the class extremely challenging, each time I create anything from a project in class or a book exercise I feel accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment